Booking Terms and Conditions
- Booking of courses
Booking of a place on a course can be made
- Online via the website (preferred)
- Email or telephone request
All places are provisional until full payment has been made.
2. Method of payment for all courses
- Online payments can be made via the website booking system; payment can be made through ‘PAYPAL’ or debit/credit card payment or by cheque.
- Places on courses requested via email or telephone, remain provisional until full payment is received. Payment to be made within 7 days of the request for a place on a course.
- Bank account details for ‘The First Aid Zone’ to pay via bank transfer can be forwarded via email on request.
- Cheques must be made payable to ‘The First Aid Zone’ and must be received within 7 days of the booking being made.
- Account customers, such as Nurseries, Pre-Schools where invoice payment has been agreed; ‘The First Aid Zone’ must receive payment within 7 days from the date of the invoice. Payment can be made via BACS or cheque.
- Payment in arrears of a course is by specific agreement with ‘The First Aid Zone’.
- Payment cannot be accepted over the telephone.
3. Refunds – Non-attendance or failure of a course
- No refund shall be given if a delegate does not attend a course for whatever reason.
- No refund shall be given should a delegate fail any course provided by ‘The First Aid Zone’ and ‘The First Aid Zone’ make no guarantee as to the delegate successfully passing any course
4. Cancellation of course by delegate (customer) and refund of course fee
- If a delegate (customer) notifies ‘The First Aid Zone’ in writing of their intention to cancel a place(s) on a course booking more than 14 days prior to the commencement date of the course; a full refund will be given of any course fees paid.
- If a delegate (customer) notifies ‘The First Aid Zone’ in writing of their intention to cancel place(s) on a course booking between 7 to 14 days before the commencement date of the course; 50% of the course fee shall be refunded.
- If a delegate (customer) notifies ‘The First Aid Zone’ in writing of their intention to cancel a place(s) on a course less than 7 days before the commencement date for the course, there will be no refund given.
- If within one month before the commencement date of a blended first aid course, a delegate (customer)notifies ‘The First Aid Zone’ in writing of their intention to cancel a place(s) and they have commenced the e-learning module of the course, they will only be entitled to a refund as stipulated above less the cost of the e-learning element.
5. Transfer of delegate to another course
- Where a delegate (customer) informs ‘The First Aid Zone’ in writing of their intention to cancel a course place, they may at the discretion of ‘The First Aid Zone’ be offered the opportunity to transfer onto another suitable course.
6. Cancellation or amendment of courses by ‘The First Aid Zone’
- ‘The First Aid Zone’ reserves the right to cancel and/or amend course dates, times, content and venues.
- Every effort will be made to give the customer as much notice as possible and to offer reasonable alternative dates, times or venues for the customer.
- If there are not any satisfactory alternatives, ‘The First Aid Zone’ will refund in full the course fee, (less the fee for e-learning training if this has been started/completed). No further compensation will be given.
7. Blended Courses and E-learning
- ‘The First Aid Zone’ will issue the enrolment link for the e-learning approximately one month prior to the practical course day.
- Enrolment links will only be issued once full payment for the blended course has been received or there is a credit agreement and payment by an organisation is by invoice.
8. Issuing/withholding certificates
- All delegates that successfully pass a course will receive a certificate (PDF), via email, within 7 days of the course.
- Certificates can be withheld where the full course fee has not been received.
- Where a delegate is unable to successfully complete the e-learning module of a blended first aid course prior to the practical course day; certificates will be withheld until the delegate has successfully completed the e-learning module following the practical day; which must be achieved within 7 days.
- Hard copy printed certificates can be requested before the start of the course and will be charged at £10 per certificate.
9. Replacement certificates
- Replacement certificates can be requested at anytime within the 3 years following successfully completing a course.
- Emailed PDF replacement certificates will be charged at £5 per certificate.
- Hard copy replacement certificates will be charged at £10 per certificate.
The term “The First Aid Zone or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without The First Aid Zone’s prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients and website visitors, this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information may we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
Information about your computer and your visits to and use of this website, such as your geographical location, IP address, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
Information relating to any purchases of services or goods, information you provide to us in the course of your training and registering with us and EFR.
Information you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and or newsletters. Any information that you choose to send to us.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration and optimisation of our website to improve our websites usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies (in the internet options settings) Selecting to block all cookies may affect the usability you experience on visiting many websites including this one.
Using your personal Data
We may use your personal information to:
Administer the website and improve your browsing experience by personalising the website, or to enable your use of the services available on the website.
To send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website, send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications send you email notifications which you have specifically requested and notification of certification renewal when appropriate. Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org And to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
To governing bodies such as the HSE where we are required to do so by law.
In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
International data transfers
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries including the United States and Japan, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by emailing us at email@example.com
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.